Saturday, September 29, 2012

College and Other Fun Things

Before I came to college, I thought I knew exactly what college would be like or, at least, what I hoped it would be like. I thought my classes would be hard, but I hoped choir and dance would make it worth it. I hoped my roommate and I would get along and be friends, hoped that it wouldn't take me long to find a church and a community.
I very quickly found out college is nothing like what I expected. I've been here for about a month and a half and in that time, I've discovered I hate my dance class, Biology and English are a struggle to stay awake through, and that every other class is a piece of cake (I have seven classes total). My social life has exploded, something I'm very happy about considering it was almost non-existent in high school. Unfortunately, there is also a bad side to college not being like what I expected. To say the least, I have a new room and roommate and my old roommate acts like she doesn't even know who I am. The week leading up to the day I moved and even a few days after was extremely stressful and I spent almost an entire day in bed. But I've moved past that, and life is even shinier on this side of the dorm hallway.
Thursday night, a spectacular fashion event took place on the ASU campus where fashion expert Shari Braendel (of http://www.sharibraendel.com/) spoke on different body types and what colors look good on someone depending on their hair, skin, and eye color. I learned I'm an 'X' body shape - meaning when I gain weight, it's evenly distributed around my body - and that I'm a 'deep', so colors like sapphire blues, deep reds, and emerald greens really go well with my brown hair and eyes. Shari even has a section on her website for a free online color analysis and I highly recommend checking it out.
Today, as a follow-up event, about 100 girls who went to the event all loaded up on buses and headed to the San Tan Village in Gilbert. As soon as we got there, most made a beeline towards Romy's (http://www.romystyle.com/), who was giving everyone with the event wristband 70% off. Yes, SEVENTY percent off!

Got this cute little top combo:

Green cardigan, flowered knot tank, and headband from Romy's. Bangles set and charm bracelet from Charlotte Russe.

This whole outfit that I'll definitely be wearing the bracelets with:


And a shirt/cami in my favorite color:


I also bought two other camisoles and a flowered ring, but they didn't make it into pictures.

College definitely hasn't been what I expected it to be because it's been so much more. Coming to ASU has been the best decision I have ever made and I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. I love the friends that I have made and the things I've done and I cannot wait to share them all with you.

Disclaimer: All of the opinions stated here are my own. I am not being paid in any way to promote Shari Braendel, Romy's, Charlotte Russe, or any other brand I mentioned here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © A Time and Place for Everything · Summer Song Theme created by WBD

© A Time and Place for Everything, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena